Health & Beauty: NSDR| Non-sleep deep-rest
What is Non-Sleep Deep Rest?
Non-sleep deep rest (NSDR) is a state of deep relaxation that is similar to sleep, but without the loss of consciousness.
NSDR is a secular practice that can be used to achieve deep relaxation and improve overall health and well-being.
This sentence emphasizes that NSDR is not a religious or spiritual practice, and that it can be used by people of all faiths or no faith at all. It also highlights the many benefits of NSDR, which can include improved sleep, reduced stress, and boosted immune function.
Benefits of NSDR
NSDR has a number of benefits, including:
- Improved sleep quality
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Increased focus and concentration
- Enhanced creativity
- Boosted immune system
- Reduced pain
- Improved memory
- Accelerated recovery from illness or injury
How to Do NSDR
There are many different ways to do NSDR. Here is a simple guide:
- Find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
- Lie down in a comfortable position.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths.
- Focus on your breath and let go of any thoughts or worries.
- If your mind wanders, gently bring it back to your breath.
- Continue for 10-20 minutes, or longer if you like.
When to Do NSDR
NSDR can be done at any time of day, but it is best done before bed to help improve sleep quality. You can also do NSDR during the day if you are feeling stressed or anxious.
Try these free videos on Youtube
Is NSDR Safe?
NSDR is generally safe for most people. However, it is important to talk to your doctor before doing NSDR if you have any health conditions, such as epilepsy or heart disease.
NSDR is a powerful tool that can help you improve your sleep quality, reduce stress, and boost your overall health and well-being. If you are looking for a way to improve your health and well-being, I encourage you to try NSDR.